Sunday, November 13, 2011

Woodmeade 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run

The idea of having a 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run at my school was talked about last April...
The idea turned in to a reality on November 12th.


Lori, Melissa, and I hit the ground running planning this event in April. All three of us have run in races BUT never have planned one. We knew it was going to be A LOT of work but was going to be well worth it for our school!
We spent hours asking for sponsors, getting donations, and planning, planning, planning!
I have a small problem when it comes to organizing something...I am just a tad bit OCD! I spent hours worrying and hoping that everything would turn out JUST PERFECT.
All the planning and organizing payed off...I think the day could not have been more perfect!
We had around 225 5K runners and around 150 1 Mile Fun Run runners!
My family turned it in to a family affair..
Shelley ran the 5K,
my cousin Molly ran the 5K,
and my dad ran the 5K.



Put ran in his 1st 1 Mile Fun Run and did GREAT!

 Web was a huge help with the clock/timing system!
 My mom worked in the Pepsi Wagon passing out drinks to the runners.
This event would not have been possible with out all of the donations, volunteers, and runners. THANKS YOU!!
Hope to see everyone next year for our 2nd Annual Woodmeade Leadership 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run!!!!!

No comments: