Friday, January 14, 2011

SNOW, SNOW, and more SNOW!

The snow began to fall around 8:00 p.m. on Sunday night. The weathermen predicted 4-8 inches. Who would have thought they would be correct! It just snowed on Christmas day, there was NO WAY it could snow again in ALABAMA.
8:00 p.m.
9:00 p.m.....it just kept snowing...

and snowing! There was 5 inches on my deck when I went to bed and it was still snowing!
Monday morning I woke and this is what the front of my house looked like....
almost 9 inches of snow!!!!
I stayed warm inside but did have this cute little girl to keep my company!
The snow is s....l....o...w...l....y melting and the temperatures are s....l...o...w....l....y rising out of the teens.
Schools were closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We went in at 10:00 on Thursday and Friday. We are out on Monday for MLK day. It is going to be really hard on Tuesday to get up for school and actually stay from 7:00-3:00.
I had lots of little children in my class on Thursday that were ready to play in the snow when they got to school. We made a snowman that turned out pretty cute!

No comments: