Tuesday, March 9, 2010



This house looks so relaxing doesn't....
It was just that until about 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning when I ran in my first ever 1/2 marathon!
I was so nervous I could not sleep the night before...I had no idea what to expect. The weather was pretty cold walking across the street to catch the shuttle to take us to the starting line. The bus was filled with RUNNERS....and I mean the people that live for this... not the people like me that just want to finish. Once I stepped off the shuttle and waited in line in front of these nasty things....


I was starting to feel a little more relaxed..though still nervous that I may not finish the race. The weather got much warmer around mile 3 and by about mile 10 I knew I could finish I just wanted to be DONE! I did finish and I am so glad I reached a goal that I had set for myself. There may not be any more 1/2 marathons in my future but 1 was a great experience and I will never forget it.
Jessica and I on our way to pick up our bibs and t-shirts.

We might have been in Seaside for a 1/2 marathon but that did not stop us from eating A LOT!

We had lunch at Bud and Alley's.After shopping around for a while we returned to the car to find this on the windshild. I guess when there is yellow tape that says caution that means don't park there...oh well, we had a great parking spot and just a warning no ticket!

We then drove to Destin to the outlets and shopped around. Of course we were hungary again so we stopped at Baytowne Wharf to eat dinner at Graffiti.

Debbie, Meliss, Jessica, Me

6:00 a.m. headed out the door to catch the shuttle to take us to the starting line.

This picture is awful...obviously the camera was feeling about like I was!

I have to say I was in pain after the race and still am a little. Of course though I could not pass up a good dinner. So we loaded up and headed here for dinner.

We went back to the house put on our PJ'S and watched the Oscars...until about 8:30 when I no longer could hold my eyes open and slowly walked up the stairs to my bedroom and feel fast asleep.

Monday morning before we left we took a bike ride around the neighborhood. The weather was great and we did not want to leave!!

On the way out of town we of course ate again....we had lunch at the Red Bar and then hit the road for Decatur.

6 comments:

Alex Cabri said...

SO, SO PROUD OF YOU SHULA! WE LOVE YOU!!

Ginny said...

Wow! I am so proud of you! Love you, Ginny, Hunter and William

Tara said...

Go Jesser!! That's something to be proud of! And the menu choice for the weekend was something to be proud of, too...I'm in next time!!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm so proud of you for finishing the race! I'm not even brave enough to THINK about attempting that!

Tara Verdigets said...

I am so proud of you! YAY! You got me thinking about doing it....okay, nevermind!

Jennifer said...

So stinkin' proud of you Dora! I want to do it now...SIKE!