Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday JEFF!

Somethings never change......

When I was younger I had my birthday party at McDonalds one year. I guess back then it was cool to have your birthday at a fast food place. When my family and I arrived to McDonalds there were signs everywhere saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF". Of course right off we thought there must be a mistake....that they had "double-booked" McDonalds. After talking with the magnager we realized that they had just misunderstood my mom when she called to plan the party. They thought she said the party was for JEFF not JESS.

Little did I know that would be the start of my second name for the rest of my life.....

I have ordered flowers, plane tickets, and many other things that come back with the name Jeff Putnam on them. The most recent Jeff Putnam problem was Sunday. My family got together to celebrate my nephews birthday(October 21st) and mine (October 29th). My nephew only being 3 we had to compromise on the cake. I agreed on a cookie cake but he said Oscar had to be on there. My sister went to pick of the cake before we came over and look what it said.....

I guess I will always be Jeff Putnam too!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Awe, Jeff...I'm sorry about the cake. It is pretty funny though. I love you!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

ha! too funny.....we still love you, jeff:)

Tara McClendon said...

Classic!! Happy early birthday, Jeff Putnam! :)