Tara posted this last month some time.....
So here is what I love about the City of AUBURN and the school....not so much the football team!
TOP 5 THINGS YOU LOVE ABOUT AUBURN:
1. Football games
2. The great friends I made there
3. Toomer's Corner
4. Everyone saying hello as you walk down the street!
5. The casual atmosphere...no matter where you go!
6. WNDC......SAE HOUSE in the summer time!
TOP 5 THINGS YOU MISS/LOVED ABOUT BEING ON CAMPUS:
1. The Concourse...seeing everyone you knew walking to class.
2. Hearing the fight song coming from the chimes at Samford Hall every day at noon.
3. Living on The Hill and opening my dorm room window to listen to the band practice during football season.
4. FOOTBALL GAMES!!
5. Seeing the eagle in its cage as you walked to class
TOP 5 PLACES YOU SPENT MOST OF YOUR TIME IN AUBURN:
1. HALEY CENTER....College of Education
2 Dowdell Dorm...Freshman year with no AC!
3. Hollifield Hall (Chi O dorm) Sophomore year....the CAVE
4. McKee house
5. Driving around in THE BRONC!
TOP 5 PLACES TO EAT YOU MISS MOST AT AUBURN:
1. Amsterdam Cafe...LOVE the Turkey Wrap with Honey Mustard!
2. Mellow Mushroom.....soooo good!
4. This place is no longer open but Rigsby and I would go there for late breakfast...it was next the Toomer's Drugs??!!!
5. Niffer's...like the food but really love the FISH BOWLS in the summer time!
FAVORITE MEMORIES FROM AUBURN:
1. Graduation day...such an accomplishment, but so very bittersweet to be leaving Auburn..I never thought I would make it out of there with a degree.
2. Hanging out on the McKeee House porch
3. Living in The Cave on the Chi O hall
4. FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!
5. Greek Sing
6. Hanging out in the CAVE
7. Diane Dow doing "Down By The River" from SNL...I laughed so hard when I read that on TT's I had to add it to mine.
8. 61's candlelight
9. Rolling the McKee House before moving in.
10. The Shot Bus at the Super Club
TOP 5 FUN THINGS TO DO IN YOUR FREE TIME AT AUBURN:
1. watch Days of Our Lives and eat a turkey sandwich in mine and Ginny's room sophomore year......
2. Ride around on Thursday nights during football season and get the early tailgaters fired up by leading them in chants, cheers, and Auburn football songs.
3. Shopping on College Street...well mainly looking since I had no money in college!
4. Hanging out on the Hall/Cave doing absolutely nothing productive and having the best time doing it!
5. Drive by's!!!
FAVORITE FOOTBALL GAMES:
1. Auburn/Florida...not sure what year but travel to Gainsville....
2. Auburn/Florida senior year when we won and the goalposts came down!
3. Auburn/Alabama game I think it was junior year....ROLLLL TIDE!!
4. All the away games we went to...
TOP 5 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT AUBURN FOOTBALL GAMES:
1. Tiger Walk
2. The band taking the field before the game
3. The eagle flying
4. Freshman year arriving 2-3 hours before a game with a pledge to save seats for the brothers...........AHHH it was so HOT!!
TOP 5 THINGS ABOUT AUBURN WE KNOW AS ALUMS THAT STUDENTS NOW DON'T KNOW (could be translated "you know you're old if you remember...."):
2. THE BLUE ROOM!!
3. Tiger Card was only accepted on campus (we came along a few years too late)
4. Quarters not semesters
5. Some dorms in the Quad not having AC...like the one I lived in freshman year.
5 FELLOW AUBURN ALUMS I'M TAGGING :
3. Tara Verdigets
4. Darby Stickler
5. Ashley Williams
Now, get to it girls because we all want to reminisce a little more!!